Experienced Florida Trust and Estates Attorneys Help Guide You Through the Process
Probate follows what is typically a painful emotional loss. The knowledgeable, meticulous law firm of Eric S. Kolar, P.A. has 20 years of experience in probate law and knows how to ease the stress of probate by guiding personal representatives, claimants and beneficiaries through the complex process of probating and or disputing the proposed distribution of an Estate.
The process of probate
Most personal representatives have rarely if ever probated a will and know little about the process. Eric S. Kolar, P.A. can guide you through the probate process, including:
- Filing the will with the Florida probate court
- Developing the best strategy for fairly and expeditiously probating the estate or trust
- Finding and collecting assets
- Closing and opening bank accounts
- Transferring assets from the deceased to the estate
- Paying estate taxes
- Valuing, managing, preserving and liquidating the estate
- Locating beneficiaries
- Hiring experts, when appropriate
- Dealing with elective share, protected homestead, surviving spouse’s claims for exempt property and homestead rights, spouses not protected by wills executed prior to a marriage (called a pretermitted spouse) and other issues
Valuing and managing the contested estate
We assist executors with the arduous process of collecting, managing, valuing, protecting and liquidating the assets of the estate. Eric S. Kolar, P.A. has a team of experts available to assist in every aspect of estate probate. When appropriate, the firm calls upon accountants, financial advisors, real estate agents, property managers and other professionals to assist with executor duties. We can access expert opinions about unique assets such as antiques, rare books, automobiles and other collectibles for accurate valuation, management and possible sale.
Contested trusts and estates in Florida
Even in apparently straightforward estate cases, there are sometimes disputes between beneficiaries. Our professional courtroom presence can calm the emotionally charged process of probating a challenged will or disputed executor or judicial decision. When it is in the best interests of our client to preserve cordial familial relationships, we are adept at mediating these disputes. When necessary, we assertively defend our client’s beneficiary rights within the Florida probate court.
Contact a thorough estate planning lawyer at Eric S. Kolar, P.A.
We serve clients in Jacksonville and throughout Florida. Call us at 888-665-1253 or contact us online.